Compare and Buy Insurance Plan
Get The Best Insurance Quote
About 651 Visa
Health Insurance Is Compulsory
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is an OVHC?
Is there a visa requirement that mandates me to hold an OVHC?
8501 condition is a condition applied to 485, 482 (previously 457), 476, 489 visas and more.
What is covered under the OVHC policy?
- medical treatment when you’re in hospital
- emergency ambulance transport
- medical costs to get you back home
- Some prescription medicines (Not available for basic covers)
- Medical services provided by a doctor or specialist out of hospital (Not available for basic covers)
Are there different levels of OVHC cover that one can choose from?
You can choose from
A Low Range cover – Covers yourself and your families’ ambulance and hospital expenses.
A medium range cover – Depending on the insurance provider, this level of policy will cover for Out of Hospital treatment and Hospital expenses and some prescription medicines.
A Top Range cover – More comprehensive coverage than the above two covers with more options of receiving benefits towards dental, optical and physio treatments (Extent of coverage vary according to the Insurance Provider)